Wellston House Fire Started Around Space Heater

By
Cheri Russo

Dateline
Updated Tue, Oct 4, 2011 8:48 am

     
 

A house fire in Wellston has been ruled accidental by the State Fire Marshal's Office.

Two firefighters were injured in the Saturday blaze that destroyed the West 2nd Street home.

According to a news release, one suffered minor burns when he fell partially through a floor.

The other suffered smoke inhalation.

No one was home at the time of the fire.     

It happened around 7 p.m.

Fire Marshal's Spokesman Shane Cartmill says the fire started around a space heater in one of the home's bedrooms.  
 

Tags: