Updated Wed, Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm
1. Jackson – These Ironmen are flat-out storming through their competition. They just bested Ironton in what should be their toughest test of the season, 28-22. They’ll take on D1 Columbus team St. Charles this week.
2. Warren – This Andy Schob coached team continues to surprise. Their only in-conference loss was to Jackson, and they just handed a Logan team coming off their first win of the season their 6th loss.
3. Gallia Academy – The defense is the calling card for Mike Eddy’s unit. They’re allowing less than 10 points per game, and has the best shot to topple Jackson from an undefeated SEOAL season.
4. Portsmouth – Don’t look now, but Curt Clifford’s team has won two of their past three. We’ll get to see if they’re for real if they can muster any offense against Gallia Academy’s D this week.
5. Logan – It’s getting rough up in Logan. This team has played a monster schedule, and they’ve not reacted well to it. They had some league-momentum after beating Gallia Academy, but Warren knocked them right back into the “L” column last week. Their brutal out of conference play continues against undefeated Jonathan Alder, who shut out Ironton two weeks ago.
6. Chillicothe – Ron Hinton’s team has had a disappointing season, but Ryan Mathis and Zach Johnson showed sparks in the passing game in the Cavs’ loss to Gallia Academy.
- 1. Jackson Ironmen (7-0, 3-0)
- 2. Warren Warriors (4-3, 2-1)
- 3. Gallia Academy Blue Devils (4-3, 1-1)
- 4. Portsmouth Trojans (2-5, 1-2)
- 5. Logan Chieftains (1-6, 1-2)
- 6. Chillicothe Cavaliers (1-6, 0-2)