Published Wed, Nov 2, 2011 4:43 am Dateline
If you're one of those people that always wants to know why you're told not to put metal in the microwave then Clippinger Laboratory at Ohio University is the place to be this weekend.
The Ohio University Department of Physics and Astronomy will host an open house on Saturday morning.
Associate Professor Mark Lucas says one of the topics is what not to do with your microwave.
"You've always been told not to put certain things in your microwave. We're gonna do that. Put a CD in your microwave, interesting things will happen and you have to be a little bit careful. You don't want to catch anything on fire. You dont want to burn out your microwave, so that's why we do it," says Lucas.
Lucas says last year about 800 to 1,000 people people attended the event.
He hopes to have even more people show up for the many activities that are planned this year.
"We have a whole bunch of shows and the shows will be heavy on the demonstrations and we will let people play with stuff before and after the shows. And we'll have hallway activities for when people are tired of sitting in the shows," says Lucas.
The open house will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday and last until 4:30 p.m.