OU Dorm Fire Ruled Arson< < Back to
The Ohio Division of State Fire Marshal and Ohio University Police have ruled an early morning dormitory fire as arson.
State Fire Marshal spokesman Shane Cartmill says the fire was set inside a clothes dryer in the laundry area of Foster House around 5:30 this morning.
Cartmill says damage was minimal since the fire was contained to the dryer.
Investigators are not ruling out a connection to the dorm fire at True House on October 19.
A reward is being offered for information leading to the identification of a person responsible for either fire.