Parkersburg Double-Fatal Fire Started In Dining Room

By
Associated Press

Dateline
Updated Tue, Feb 7, 2012 8:51 am

Fire officials believe a fire that killed two young Parkersburg girls began in a dining room on the first floor of the family's duplex.
    
Fire Chief Eric Taylor says that investigators don't know whether a gas-fired wall heater in the dining room was the fire's source.
    
The fire occurred Saturday.
    
The bodies of the girls, ages 2 and 4, were sent to the state medical examiner's office in Charleston.

A spokesman for the office says they haven't been positively identified.
    
A 3-year-old boy and an adult male who were in the duplex were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.
 

Tags: