Southeast Ohio Counties Among Locations For Drilling Permits Issued< < Back to
Drilling permits in two Southeast Ohio counties account for some of the 12 that were issued last week by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
The permit issued in Guernsey County was for the Devon Energy Production Company.
A permit in Noble County goes to the Antero Resources Appalachian Corporation.
Both are for horizontal drilling.
Statewide, more than 270 Utica permits have been issued. Permits in Southeast Ohio include:
– Belmont County: seven permits, of which four wells are currently being drilled
– Coshocton County: three permits, of which one well is currently being drilled
– Guernsey County: 11 permits, of which one well is completed and two are currently producing
– Monroe County: 16 permits, of which four wells are being drilled, and two are already drilled.
– Muskingum County: three permits, of which one well is being drilled
– Noble County: 12 permits, of which five wells are currently being drilled
– Tuscarawas County: six permits, of which one well is drilled and one is completed
Chesapeake Exploration, LLC accounts for the lion's share of the operators listed.
Carroll County, in Northeast Ohio, make up the majority of permits in existence. The county has more than 90 on file, according to ODNR.
Three were issued in Belmont County during the month of June alone.