Published Fri, Jan 11, 2013 8:17 am Dateline
Updated Wed, Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am
UPDATE: 1/16/13 @ 9:50 a.m. The lone survivor of a Pike County house fire that killed four others, was released from University of Kentucky's burn unit Tuesday.
Tammie Tucker, whose four children and their father were killed in the fire, was severely burned in the blaze.
The State Fire Marshal said the fire was likely caused by a space heater that was too close to combustible material in the living room of the house.
The lone survivor of an early-morning house fire in Pike County is in serious condition at a Lexington hospital, one day after her children and their father were killed in the blaze.
Tammie Tucker suffered serious burns in the fire that killed her four children and their father Wednesday. The five bodies were found in the home's living room, where the family had been sleeping near an electric space heater.
University of Kentucky Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Johnson said Thursday that Tucker's condition had been upgraded from critical to serious.
Fire investigators said the blaze was accidental and broke out in the living room where the space heater was found. A cause had not been determined.