Judge Rejects Bid To Move Chardon School Shooting Trial

By
Associated Press

Dateline
Updated Mon, Feb 4, 2013 1:48 pm

A judge in Ohio has rejected a renewed defense bid to move the aggravated murder trial of an 18-year-old charged in the high school shooting deaths of three students.

In a ruling filed last week, Judge David Fuhry in Chardon said many people having preconceived notions about the case against T.J. Lane doesn't mean an unbiased jury cannot be seated.

The judge could decide later to move the trial based on what he hears from prospective jurors in grief-stricken Geauga County.

Prosecutors said Lane fired 10 shots at a group of students in the Chardon High School cafeteria last February. He was at the school waiting for a bus to his alternative school.

The trial has been postponed indefinitely amid new evidence that hasn't been publicly specified.

Tags: