Fire Destroys Albany Home, Family Cat Saved< < Back to
The first sign of trouble was the cat's disappearance.
Tom Medley, the father of homeowner Triston, says his son's indoor housecat ran into the woods right before Triston's wife left around 3:30 Monday afternoon.
The family was planning to stay at Tom's for the evening with their son.
An hour later, he says the beautiful family farmhouse was enveloped in flame.
As he surveys the rubble of his son's house, Medley says faulty electric may have been to blame.
Albany Fire Marshalls predict the farmhouse will continue to burn up to a week.
Donations can be sent to Joan Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org