|The Film• The Studio• Get Involved• Virtual Studio• Learn• Video|
|About| Meet the Artists| Gallery| Collaborations| Interviews|
|Art Slideshow· Making a Passion Flower|
Making a Passion Flower
Most gardens grow with sunlight and rain, but passion flowers bloom with collaboration and creativity! Take a look at how the blossoms are made. Click on a step picture below to open a larger view in a new window.
1. The flower begins its life modestly as a recycled printing plate from the local newspaper.
2. The plates are painted with a base coat of paint by the Passion Works artists.
3. Passion Works artists add details ensuring that no two Passion Flowers are alike.
4. Community volunteers cut out the petals with a die press machine.
5. The flowers are assembled by artist-in-residence Wendy Minor.
6. The flower, now in full-bloom is proclaimed the official flower of Athens, Ohio
7. Ohio's first lady Hope Taft plants a passion flower in the Governor's garden.
|WOUB Home News Television Radio Community Arts About WOUB Support|
|WOUB Home· About WOUB· Privacy· Contact Us· Copyright © 2006 Ohio University|