Week 3 Power Rankings: TVC-Ohio< < Back to
1. River Valley Raiders 3-0 (0-0) | Last Rank: 2 | Next opponent: @ Nelsonville-York
Having outscored three opponents 110-13, River Valley, the conference’s only undefeated team, has established itself as the team to beat.
2. Meigs Marauders 2-1 (0-0) | Last Rank: 1 | Next opponent: Vs. Vinton County
The D-IV Marauders hung with a potentially playoff-bound D-II Logan team on Friday. Meigs has all of the makings, and play-makers, of a legitimate conference contender.
3. Alexander Spartans 2-1 (0-0) | Last Rank: 5 | Next Opponent: Vs. @ Athens
The Spartans have a big test ahead of them. Both of Alexander’s wins have come against lesser opponents and Friday’s result will determine where Alexander belongs in the TVC-Ohio field.
4. Athens Bulldogs 1-2 (0-0) | Last Rank: 4 | Next opponent: Vs. Alexander
The Bulldogs got a shot of confidence after blanking Warren 53-0 on Friday, but questions on the defensive side of the ball remain. Athens let up 116 points to Logan and Zanesville during its first two games.
5. Nelsonville-York Buckeyes 1-2 (0-0) | Last Rank: 3 | Next Opponent: Vs. River Valley
Nelsonville-York came out flat against Liberty Center, but the Buckeyes still boast a talent-laden roster. Friday’s game against top-dog River Valley will determine where the Buckeyes stand within their own conference.
6. Wellston 2-1 (0-0) | Last Rank: 6 | Next Opponent: Vs. Portsmouth West
The Rocket offense lifted into orbit over the last two weeks, piling 80 points on Huntington and Adena. Those two teams are a combined 1-5 and another struggling team in Portsmouth West awaits Wellston on Friday.
7. Vinton County 0-3 | Last Rank: 7 | Next Opponent: @Meigs
Vinton County’s offense has yet to crack the double-digit threshold this season.