Daniel O’Donnell: Back Home Again< < Back to
DANIEL O’DONNELL: BACK HOME AGAIN
Premieres Saturday, March 11 at 7 p.m.; Tuesday, March 14 at 9:30 p.m.
– The Popular Irish Singer Returns to PBS With a New Concert Filmed in Dublin –
After a long hiatus traveling the world with his wife Majella, the quintessential Irish crooner Daniel O’Donnell makes his highly anticipated return to PBS with a new concert special. Performing in front of a live audience at RTE Studios in Dublin, Ireland, O’Donnell takes the stage with his longtime singing partner Mary Duff, and special guest Derek Ryan, the popular Irish singer. Accompanied by the Daniel O’Donnell Band, the three perform a collection of traditional Irish tunes, inspirational ballads, timeless standards and new songs that are sure to become favorites. Featuring many of O’Donnell’s signature songs, including “Stand Beside Me” and “Never Ending Song of Love,” DANIEL O’DONNELL: BACK HOME AGAIN is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations in March 2017.
O’Donnell’s special guest is young Irish singer Derek Ryan. Ryan’s most recent album, “One Good Night,” topped the Irish charts. His latest concert tour sold out in venues across Ireland, and he was awarded with “Entertainer of the Year” and “Album of the Year” in 2015 by The Sunday World, Ireland’s largest newspaper. Not only a superstar on the Emerald Isle, Ryan also has a huge fan base in the UK, where he tours frequently. In 2016, Ryan and the band played venues across Australia for their first hugely successful international tour.
DANIEL O’DONNELL: BACK HOME AGAIN features these performances:
- “Never Ending Song Of Love”
- “Back Home Again”
- Irish Medley – “Fiddlers Green,” featuring Mary Duff, “Whisky in the Jar” and “Broom Dance”
- “On The Eighth Day”
- “Blue Moon Over My World”
- “Hold Onto Your Hat,” featuring Derek Ryan
- “God’s Plan,” featuring Derek Ryan
- “Stand Beside Me,” featuring Derek Ryan and Mary Duff
- “The Boys From Killybegs”
- “Help Me Make It Through the Night,” featuring Mary Duff
- “Home To Donegal”
- “How Great Thou Art”