TVC-Hocking Power Rankings: Week 3< < Back to
1) Trimble Tomcats 2-1 (2-0) | Last Rank: 1 | Next Opponent @ Waterford
Following a lopsided 44-12 win over South Gallia at home, the Tomcats proved they are the favorite to win the Hocking yet again. A week one loss to Nelsonville-York lit a fire under the defending conference champs, who have exploded to outscore opponents 78-12.
2) Miller Falcons 3-0 (2-0) | Last Rank: 2 | Next Opponent vs. Southern
The Falcons have now tripled their win total from last season and have a legitimate shot at 4-0 with a Southern coming to town. With a win over Tornadoes, Miller’s week five match-up against Trimble could hold conference title implications, which would have been difficult to predict given Miller’s 1-9 record last season.
3) Belpre Golden Eagles 1-2, (1-1) | Last Rank: 7 | Next Opponent vs. Wahama
After opening the season against two playoff-caliber opponents, Belpre had the chance to flex its muscles against a struggling Federal Hocking team. The Golden Eagles dominated on both sides of the ball, topping the Lancers 46-7.
4) Waterford Wildcats 1-2, (1-1) | Last rank 3 | Next Opponent vs. Trimble
Waterford has been stuck on a seesaw this year, alternating wins and losses. The Wildcats dropped a heartbreaker to Miller in week one, then dominated Wahama, and most recently failed to score against Fort Frye. The seesaw would indicate a win this week, but that will be a tall order against Trimble.
5) South Gallia Rebels 1-2, (1-1) | Last Rank 5 | Next Opponent vs. Manchester
The Rebels have occupied the middle of the Hocking power rankings throughout the season, even with a massive 32-point loss to Trimble on Friday.
6) Southern Tornadoes 2-1, (1-0) | Last Rank 6 | Next Opponent @ Miller
The Tornadoes are a bit of a mystery, hence their placement behind three 1-2 teams. Southern scraped by a 1-2 Wahama team and are currently riding a seesaw, much like Waterford. Friday’s contest against Miller could provide a good litmus test for the Tornadoes.
7) Wahama White Falcons 1-2, (0-2) | Last Rank 4 | Next Opponent @ Belpre
After starting the season with a 42-0 drubbing of rival Ravenswood, the White Falcons are searching for answers after dropping consecutive games to Waterford and Southern.
8) Eastern Eagles 0-3, (0-1) | Last Rank 8 | Next Opponent vs. Federal Hocking
Eastern’s first three opponents are a combined 9-0, but an opportunity for win No. 1 lies ahead when the Eagles host winless Federal Hocking.
9) Federal Hocking Lancers 0-3, (0-2) | Last Rank 9 | Next Opponent @ Eastern
The Lancers allowed 135 points during their first three games and much like Eastern, Friday presents Federal Hocking’s best shot at a win.