2016 “On The Green Weekend” Schedule Announced< < Back to
The schedule for On The Green Weekend (OTG), the Ohio University Alumni Association’s spring Homecoming held May 18-22 and featuring academics and the arts, has been finalized.
For the first time, the Cruise In at the Convo will be held during OTG. The classic car show is the OU Alumni Varsity Band’s annual fundraiser to support the Marching 110.
Also new in 2016 is a special Concert Under the Elms, karaoke night, all-new Alumni College courses and Film Festival showings, and a Professional Development Conference for young alumni.
On The Green Weekend is scheduled for May 18-22, 2016 and events are open to the entire OU community, including Athens residents, current students, faculty, staff and alumni returning to campus.
Here is a look at what’s in store for OTG 2016:
• Wednesday (May 18): Early birds kick off the weekend with campus and historical tours or leadership meetings.
• Thursday (May 19): Attend a welcome reception and the 1966 Film Festival. Go back to the classroom for Alumni College courses on technology, health, popular culture and more. In the evening, head to College Green and catch a Concert Under the Elms.
• Friday (May 20): Start the morning with College-hosted breakfasts and more Alumni College courses or professional development sessions. Stroll the bricks or the bike path and shop Uptown before the 1976 Film Festival at The Athena and a night of karaoke.
• Saturday (May 21): The weekend shifts into high gear. Lace up your sneakers for the Bobcat Dash 5K or roll through the Cruise In at the Convo, and attend the OTG BBQ. Take a brewery education tour around a few local pubs. In the evening, attend the 1986 Film Festival or enjoy a special reunion dinner.
• Sunday (May 22): Grab your Bobcat sweetheart for the “OH, I dO” vow renewal ceremony, and cap off your weekend by stopping by the Farewell Brunch.
For a full schedule, including locations, times and individual event costs, visit ohio.edu/alumni/onthegreen.