Athens Co. Confirms Second Positive Case of COVID-19< < Back to
ATHENS, Ohio (WOUB) — Another positive case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in Athens County.
The Athens City-County Health Department confirmed the second case on Saturday, March 28. The first case was confirmed in an announcement on Thursday, March 26.
The department said after the first confirmation that an investigation into the patient’s close contacts was underway.
Anyone experiencing respiratory symptoms is asked to call their primary care physician, urgent care, or emergency department before arriving for care to let them know that they believe they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 virus.
The DOH makes the following recommendations to protect yourself from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Ohio’s coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634. More information is available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.