Athens County Upgraded To Level 3 For COVID-19 Cases< < Back to
ATHENS, Ohio (WOUB) — Athens County is, like most of Ohio, now at a Level 3 according to the state’s public health advisory system for COVID-19 cases.
A Level 3 or Red Level means a county triggered four of the state’s seven indicators this week. Athens County met the new cases per capita, new cases increase, non-congregate cases, and the seven-day moving average of emergency department visits indicators.
Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, the Ohio Department of Health will be including Thursday’s COVID-19 case data in Friday’s summary.
ODH makes the following recommendations to protect yourself from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Ohio’s coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634. More information is available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.