- This event has passed.
One Year Open House Celebration
January 24, 2017 @ 8:00 pmFree
Appalachian Progressive Education Center invites you to join Wolf Tree Collective as it turns one! We are thrilled and honored to celebrate our growth and accomplishments with the community. Sunday, February 26 we have a full day of FREE experiences planed for all ages. The schedule includes:
10:30 Freedom Dance
12:00 Community Yoga
1-3pm Free food, crafts, spirits and live music performances, including Meghan Bee at 2pm.
6pm Gentle Yoga Flow
We hope you can help us celebrate our first year! We took a look back over the year and here’s what it looked like:
– hosting over 300 hours of Open Doors that served over 500 people of all ages from babies, to college students, to small businesses up to our dear elders
– hosting 10 small business pop up events, with over 28 small businesses in attendance,
– MANY wonderful independent wellness teachers from Tai Chi, to yoga for all ages, pilates, zumba, hulla hooping and more
– 4 intimate concerts brought joy to well over 100 families
– World reknown Nancy Mellon was with us, here in ATHENS to offer continued education and support to over 50 teachers, parents and communtiy members
– 6 fun and resourceful clothing swaps that not only served over 200 but also provided 3 other organizations with clothing, books & toys
– Our consignment shop connected locals to dozens of talented artisans
And most importantly, many relationships have been fostered, all in a space created through a connection to nature, community and the needs of humans. THANK YOU for helping us grow. Please join us as we celebrate and enjoy our fruit!