Read It Resources
- INFOhio Online School Library Catalogs (MultiLIS and SirsiDynix K-12 Sites)
- Ohio Public Library OnLine Catalogs
- “Creative Ways to Encourage Students to Read”
- “Promote Reading, Share Books – How to Make a Difference in 15 Minutes”
- Read Across America, National Education Association
- Developing Reading Engagement, Chapter 4
- Reading Rockets.org.
- This is a WETA PBS site for the Reading Rockets project but there are some helpful features that are useful to all teachers. Including: Strategies to Help Kids Who Struggle, Techniques for Teaching Effectively, Find Great Kid’s Books & Authors, Research & Reports
- Free Podcasts
- Meet the Author • Interviews with top children’s authors and illustrators. The podcasts may be viewed via Google Video, iTunes, or OMN, the Open Media Network – public broadcasting's digital distribution service.
Especially for Parents: