McDavis Provides Update On ‘Ridges’ Project< < Back to
Ohio University President Roderick McDavis announced Thursday that he named Stephen Golding, Vice President for Finance and Administration, director of The Ridges Advisory Committee.
The committee is "charged with periodically reviewing the comprehensive land use plans for The Ridges and the university’s progress toward its implementation.
McDavis also announced the rest of the panel:
- Paul Logue, Athens City Planner as Athens City Mayor Paul Wiehl’s designee
- Charlie Adkins, Athens County Commissioner
- Jim Sands, President of Athens City Council
- Marjorie Stone, Community Representative
- Pam Callahan, Community Representative
The Ridges Master Plan Committee is charged with updating the capital plan for The Ridges. Harry Wyatt, Associate Vice President for Facilities, and Shawna Bolin, Director of University Planning, will chair the committee.
The rest of the Ridges Master Plan Committee:
- Land Use and Development; Chair: Donna Goss, Director of Engagement and Real Estate Management
- Existing Building Strategy; Chair: Benjamin Stuart, Professor of Civil Engineering
- Academic Uses; Chair: Joseph Shields, Vice President for Research and Creative Activity, Dean of the Graduate College
McDavis' message details that what is done with the land will depend on university programs and initiatives. The Athens Historical Society and the City of Athens will be among the organizations who will have say in what happens to the site.
"It is our hope that this collaborative, open approach will foster many opportunities for community feedback as we work to update The Ridges Master Plan," McDavis wrote in his release.
McDavis also writes that meetings for both committees will begin this fall.