Ross County Confirms Second Case of COVID-19< < Back to
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (WOUB) — The second positive case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in Ross County.
The Ross County Health District said there are now two positive cases in the county in a release sent out on Tuesday, March 31.
According to data from the Ohio Department of Health, the second case involves a man in his 40s who has been hospitalized.
The first case in the county was confirmed on Monday, March 30.
Anyone who has been in close contact with these individual will be contacted.
The district’s infectious disease staff are following established guidelines for the investigation of infectious diseases and are communicating daily with the Ohio Department of Health.
The Ohio Department of Health confirmed 2,199 positive cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, March 31 at 2 p.m.
The DOH makes the following recommendations to protect yourself from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Ohio’s coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634. More information is available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.