- This event has passed.
Athens 2nd Annual Bike to Work Day
May 17, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 amFree
ATHENS, OHIO—GET PUMPED! and ride your bike to work on National Bike to Work Day, Friday May 17, 2019. This FREE event to celebrate the occasion is again planned for Athens County this year, organized by Ohio University Office of Sustainability, OU Transportation and Parking Services, OU Police Department, OU WellWorks, HAPCAP, Athens Public Transit, City of Athens, Athens Bicycle Club, Black Diamond Bikes, Athens Bicycle, and Nelsonville Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee, with support from various local businesses.
Bicyclists of all skill-levels are welcome to participate and give bicycling to work a try on National Bike to Work Day. We will have pit stop locations around the city of Athens and for the first time, a pitstop in the city of Nelsonville. Bike commuters are encouraged to stop by one or more pit stops on Friday morning, May 17, from 7:30-9:30 am for free coffee, snacks, and to sign up for free raffle prizes from local businesses. Representatives from local bike shops will be at several of the pit stop to answer bike-related questions.
Pitstops will be available at the following locations:
- Hockhocking Adena Bikeway at the Mill St connector (at mile marker 1)
- Hockhocking Adena Bikeway at the Habitat House near W. Union St
- Uptown Athens at the Athens County Courthouse
- Ohio University at the corner of Richland Ave and S. Green St, near Peden Stadium
- Nelsonville pitstop at Rocky Boots parking lot, at the end of Hockhocking Adena Bikeway
Athens Bike to Work Day will be capped off with a Happy Hour celebration at Little Fish Brewery beginning at 5:00 pm.