- This event has passed.
Bike and Brew Tour in the Little Cities
November 5 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$10 – $60
Join us for a rich experience by connecting to Southeast Ohio while cycling through the old railroad beds of Appalachia, enjoying local food & drinks, and immersing yourself in the history of the region.
This 14 mile historic bike tour along the Hockhocking Adena Bike-way is perfect for any level of cyclist. On this tour you will visit the ruins of the town of Old Floodwood. Here we will meet local historian, Tyler McDaniel, who will tell us stories of the past as he shares his passion of Appalachian history and his colloquial knowledge of Old Floodwood, the town his Great Grandma was a resident of long ago. The start and end location of this tour is Eclipse Company Store. What was once the coal miners’ company store, now is renovated into a beer hall and eatery. Participants will have the opportunity to patron the Company Store that now offers a wide variety of drinks on tap upon returning from the tour.
*Helmets are required for all participants.
Free adaptive bike equipment is available for participants with limited mobility upon request. Contact Madison at Madison@ruralaction.org
Bike rentals are available with a 15% discount!
- Be sure to select November 5th from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Use promo code BikesandBrews2022 in the bottom right hand corner of the check out page to receive your 15% discount
- We recommend front-suspension bikes rather than full-suspension bikes for use on this tour
- All bike rentals will be delivered to the starting location of the tour
- Remember helmets are required for all participants and are available for free with a bike rental
Rain date November 6th