Morgan County Confirms First Positive Case of COVID-19< < Back to
McCONNELSVILLE, Ohio (WOUB) — Morgan County has confirmed the first positive case of COVID-19 in the county.
The Morgan County Health Department announced on Facebook it was notified about the case on Sunday, April 5.
The patient is a woman in her 60s who has not been hospitalized, according to data from the Ohio Department of Health.
Health department staff is contacting anyone who was in close contact with the individual and needs to take action.
The Ohio Department of Health confirmed 4,450 positive cases of COVID-19 on Monday, April 6 at 2 p.m.
The DOH makes the following recommendations to protect yourself from illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Ohio’s coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634. More information is available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.