WOUB Continues At-Home Learning Programming and Resources for Families and Teachers< < Back to
PBS #LearnAtHome Initiative supports students during COVID 19 Pandemic
ATHENS, OH – Children have returned to school in some fashion this fall, but this academic year is anything but normal. That’s why WOUB Public Media’s Learning Lab is continuing its support of families, teachers and students by creating a webpage that puts everything needed for At-Home Learning in one place.
When the pandemic hit in March, WOUB and other PBS stations across the state of Ohio changed their daily television line ups to help meet the educational needs of all students.
“In the spring, the move to learning at home was sudden, many teachers, parents and students were not prepared. Also, many in our region did not have the internet access needed to interact with their teachers online. We knew that WOUB and PBS programming was made for a moment like this,” said WOUB Educational Services Manager Deborah Brewer. “Now we’re taking everything we offered in the spring, adding to it, and putting it on one webpage where it’s easy to find and use.”
You can access WOUB television schedules, find all the learning resources and sign-up for e-newsletters here: http://bit.ly/WOUBHomeLearning
Additional details on the available fall offerings can be found below.
WOUB will continue to serve a variety of students with programming on different WOUB secondary digital channels to meet various education needs:
- High school student content is broadcast on WOUB’s WORLD Channel (20.3/44.3) from Noon to 5 p.m.
- Older elementary and middle school content is broadcast on WOUB’s Classic Channel (20.2/44.2) from 8 a.m. to noon
- Educational content for our youngest learners is broadcast on WOUB HD (20.1/44.1)
- WOUB is continuing to air its PBS Kids content 24/7 on its PBS Kids digital channel (20.6/44.6) for early learners
Digital and Printable Resources:
WOUB and PBS are offering a variety of supports that families and educators can access:
- Weekly-Themed Activity Packets – go along with PBS Kids programming (starting Sept 7th)
- Resources for Emergency Closings – a curated collection of learning resources for all grades. (available now)
- WOUB Learning Lab Resource Links – a collection of resource links in one location to make it easy for parents and teachers to find them
- WOUB Learning Lab E-Newsletter (Sign Up HERE) – highlights various themes and resources for that week along with any special activities from PBS or from our area
“WOUB is here to support teachers, parents and students during this challenging time,” said Brewer. “I think the value of what we’ve done on the WOUB Learning Lab website is to collect all of this needed information in one place for teachers and parents to find easily.” Those with questions can email the Learning Lab at email@example.com.
WOUB’s seven digital channels can be found on many cable providers and are also free over the air using inexpensive antennas. If you have questions about how to find the channels you need, contact WOUB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WOUB Public Media Learning Lab
Using the trusted and valued educational resources of WOUB Public Media and PBS, the WOUB Learning Lab empowers teachers, students, parents and caregivers to use 21st century learning tools and media proven to impact student success. Through professional development, classroom integration of educational technology, promotion of WOUB children’s programming and PBS Learning Media and supporting parents and families in the education of their children, the WOUB Learning Lab is a go-to resource for high-quality educational advancement support.