- This event has passed.
Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter: Savvy Caregiver Program
April 10, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Savvy Caregiver Program
The Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter, in partnership with the WVU Camden Clark Medical Center, will soon be facilitating a free Savvy Caregiver Program and registration for this event is now open.
This evidence-based, 12-hour training is provided over six-weeks for individuals caring for family members with dementia.
Those completing this nationally acclaimed course gain:
- Personal knowledge, skills, and caregiver perspective
- Skills to assess the abilities of their loved one with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living
- Understanding of the disease progression
- Essential abilities to perform self-care
- Increased ability to work effectively with professionals providing care
Location: WVU Camden Clark Medical Center: Health and Wellness Center, 2804 Birch St., Parkersburg, WV 26101
Dates: April 10th, 17th, and 24th & May 1st, 8th, and 15th
Time: 1:00PM to 3:00PM
Any individual interested in participating in this program must call the Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter to discuss course and content appropriateness as well as to reserve a space for this program. It is expected that participants commit to attending all six sessions.
To RSVP for this program, please contact the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Office at 304-865-6775.