- This event has passed.
Savvy Caregiver Program
February 20 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
The Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter will be facilitating a free Savvy Caregiver Program:
- Location: OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital (55 Hospital Dr., Athens, OH 45701, Lower Level, Room 10)
- Dates: February 20th and 27th & March 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
- Time: 1:30PM – 3:30PM
This 12 hour evidence-based training is provided over six-weeks, two hours per week, for individuals caring for family members with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Those completing this nationally acclaimed course gain:
- Personal knowledge, skills, and caregiver perspective
- Skills to assess the abilities of their individual with dementia
- Confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- Strategies to manage activities of daily living
- Understanding of the disease progression
- Essential abilities to perform self-care
- Increased ability to work effectively with professionals providing care
*A respite care stipend will be made available to all participants who complete the course. It is expected that participants commit to attending all six sessions.
*Any individual interested in participating in this program must contact the Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter to discuss course and content appropriateness as well as to reserve a space:
- 24/7 HELPline (800-272-3900)
- Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter – Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Office (304-865-6775)
- Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter – Charleston Office (304-343-2717 / email@example.com)