Peoples Bank Theatre Announces Summer and Fall Spotlight Series< < Back to
The historic Peoples Bank Theatre is excited to announce the artists for the second half of its 2016 Spotlight Series.
“There has been a flurry of activity since the theatre opened in January,” says Executive Director Hunt Brawley. “It has been amazing to see the vision come to reality in the form of a sparkling theatre filled with people singing, laughing or dancing to their favorite act.”
The new series features 10 performances, encompassing a mix of music, comedy and theatre. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on June 30.
To celebrate the start of the new season, the theatre is hosting a special performance by the Grammy-award winning South African a cappella group Ladysmith Black Mambazo, presented with support from the Ohio Arts Council, on July 17 at 7 p.m. The performance is free, but patrons must reserve seats by visiting or calling the box office at 740-371-5152 or visiting peoplesbanktheatre.com
The artists and performances for the 2016 Summer–Fall Spotlight Series include:
• Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder on Friday, July 29 at 8 p.m.
• The Bob Thompson Band on Saturday, August 20 at 8 p.m.
• Comedian Steven Wright on Friday, September 16 at 8 p.m.
• Tim O’Brien & J.D. Hutchison with Realbilly Jive on Saturday, September 24 at 8 p.m.
• Driving Miss Daisy, starring Clarence Gilyard and Charlene Tilton, on Saturday, October 1 at 8 p.m.
• The Greatest Pirate Story Never Told on Friday, October 14 at 7 p.m.
• The Capitol Steps: “What to Expect When You’re Electing,” on Saturday, October 15 at 8 p.m.
• Larry & Sandra Groce & Todd Burge on Friday, October 28 at 8 p.m.
• Sinatra Forever on Saturday, November 12 at 8 p.m.
• Cathie Ryan: The Winter’s Heart – An Irish American Christmas, on Friday, December 16 at 8 p.m.
Since the completion of its restoration and its grand re-opening six months ago, Peoples Bank Theatre has hosted more than a dozen major performances, with seven of those selling-out the theatre’s 940-seats.
Full event details and ticket information are available online at peoplesbanktheatre.com or by calling the box office at 304-371-5152.
Seat Sponsors may order tickets for sponsored seats until June 21 by calling the box office at 740-371-5152, visiting the box office in person 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, or by emailing ticket requests to email@example.com.
Members may order tickets beginning on the following dates:
• June 22 at 10 a.m. for Headliners and Benefactors
• June 24 at 10 a.m. for Underwriters and Patrons
• June 30 at 10 a.m. for Supporters and Contributors
General public ticket sales begin 10 a.m. June 30.
Patrons may also purchase a subscription to all 10 shows and save 10 percent off regular ticket prices, while members save 20 percent.
Located at 222 Putnam Street in historic downtown Marietta, Peoples Bank Theatre is managed by the nonprofit Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association.