- This event has passed.
5-Day Solar Electric (Photovoltaics) Certification Workshop
November 14, 2016 @ 8:00 am - November 18, 2016 @ 5:00 pm$970
Want to learn how to install solar? Perhaps you even want to become certified to work in the solar field.
This course is designed for individuals with little or no background in electricity or photovoltaics. But after attending this class you will understand:
- Basic electrical principles and concepts.
- Basic Principles and Concepts of Photovoltaics
- Photovoltaic System Components, and how to select the items that are right in a given situation
- Standard PV system configurations, and when and why to use each
- How to conduct a Site Assessment
- How to Design a Photovoltaic System
- Sizing and Selecting a Battery System
- Steps involved in System Installation
- Rules, Regulations and Paperwork Required
- Commissioning a system
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This course prepares you to sit for the ETA Photovoltaic Installer (PVI) Level 1. It is the first level of ETA’s certifications designed to assess renewable energy professionals. Course Fee includes: training, lab materials, tool kit, textbook, lunches and ETA examination fee ($150)
This is an introductory but technical course on the design and installation of solar electric systems within residential and light commercial structures. Blue Rock Station has been approved as a Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System provider. This course has been approved for 35 hours of Professional Development Hours.