Another MCHM Spill Reported In West Virginia< < Back to
A small amount of MCHM has leaked at a chemical facility in Marmet, West Virginia.
C.W. Sigman with Kanawha County Emergency Management told WSAZ that five to 10 gallons of MCHM spilled at American Chemical Services.
A worker at the facility says the leak happened because of a valve malfunction.
The worker says the chemical was caught in a containment area. Sigman says the spill does not appear to be impacting any water and he doesn't believe there is a threat to the public.
The worker says he believes the chemical leaked for about 30 minutes.
People living in Marmet noticed the licorice-like smell in the air and called 911 to report the smell.