Fire Forces Nursing Home Evacuation

By
Fred Kight

Dateline
Updated Wed, Aug 31, 2011 5:51 am

The Jackson Fire department says residents are back in their rooms after a fire at a nursing home last night.

A motorized chair caught fire inside a resident's room at the Four Winds Nursing Home on Seth Ave.

The fire was contained to the chair.

Employees were able to get the fire out and evacuate the affected wing before firefighters arrived on the scene.

Still, eight people were transported to the hospital as a result of the fire.

Three were employees and five were patients at the home.

The injuries were from smoke inhalation and fire extinguisher powder.

Tags: