Week 9 Power Rankings – TVC Hocking< < Back to
1. Trimble Tomcats (9-0, 7-0) | Last week’s rank: 1
The Trimble Tomcats dominated in a non-conference match-up against Alexander in week nine, winning 37-6. The Tomcats have outscored their opponents 447-50, allowing an average of just over 5 points per game.
2. Belpre Golden Eagles (7-2, 5-2) | Last week’s rank: 4
The Golden Eagles picked up a major 63-8 win against the Eastern Eagles in week nine. Belpre has outscored their opponents 273-221 this season, averaging 30 points per game.
3. Wahama White Falcons (6-3, 6-2) | Last week’s rank: 3
After a 55-14 win over Miller, the White Falcons move to third in the Hocking. Despite posting a winning record, Wahama has allowed an average of 23 points per game while only scoring an average of 24 points per contest.
4. Eastern Eagles (4-5, 4-3) | Last week’s rank: 2
After last week’s lopsided loss to Belpre, Eastern has been outscored 248-171 by their opponents this season, winning their games by an average of just over 14 points per game and losing by an average of 27 points per game.
5. Southern Tornadoes (4-5, 3-4) | Last week’s rank: 7
The Tornadoes bounced back from their disappointing loss at Waterford in week eight to pick up a 20-12 win over South Gallia, who holds the same overall and conference records. Southern has an opportunity to finish .500 for the season with a game at Eastern this weekend.
6. South Gallia Rebels (4-5, 3-4) | Last week’s rank: 5
The Rebels lost to the surging Tornadoes last week to continue their own downward spiral. They face Miller for their last game of the regular season, with a chance to finish the season at .500.
7. Federal Hocking Lancers (2-7, 2-5) | Last week’s rank: 8
The Lancers have helped their standing in the TVC-Hocking with two consecutive conference wins over Miller and Waterford by a combined three points. Three in a row will be a difficult task to achieve when they travel to undefeated Trimble.
8. Waterford Wildcats (2-7, 2-5) | Last week’s rank: 6
The Wildcats fell to the Federal-Hocking Lancers last week 16-14, causing them to drop to second-to-last in the TVC-Hocking. A difficult match-up with Belpre awaits them this week.
9. Miller Falcons (1-8, 0-7) | Last week’s rank: 9
After a lopsided 55-14 loss to Wahama, the Falcons remain winless in the TVC-Hocking. Miller has allowed 38 points per game in their losses.